Today's YouTube Search: "tahrir Jazeera"

Loading...

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Stunner: Bill Maher Not Wrong For Once

Bill Maher Afraid Mohammeds, Islam Taking Over Western World | Mediaite: "I don’t have to apologize, do I, for not wanting the Western world to be taken over by Islam in 300 years?"

How is it that I agree with Bill Maher on anything?

I am not anti-Islam.
I am not pro-Islam.

I have friends who are Muslim and I wish harm upon no Muslim simply for his religion.

I am a big fan of western civilization, which, for all its warts, is pretty damned good.

The only problem I have with a live-and-let-live agreement is where basic human rights such as life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are infringed. We have made great progress in securing these rights for an ever-increasing percentage of people in the western world, and I feel that we do not have the right to sit idly by and enjoy these rights while others are denied them. These days, the deepest pit of despair, with the special exceptions of North Korea and perhaps Burma, is found in the great swath of the world most recently conquered into Islam.

I feel that an answer will come from within Islam and its cultures, as it has from within Judeo-Christianity and its cultures. Meanwhile, the two most urgent tasks are to defend western civilization and to liberate those most fantastically oppressed by the tyrants and bigots which are to be found in any society.

For this reason I volunteered to go to Afghanistan, and I will go again.

I see a world where we can all live in peace, but it will be along time in coming. Meanwhile, there is work to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment